How we provide information

As an organisation serving five million people every day, we deal with lots of documents.

Most of our documents are about providing our core services of: 

  • water
  • recycled water
  • wastewater
  • stormwater.

We publish a lot of information on our website. You can learn more about the free information available on our website by viewing the open access information section below. You can also search the website for information already available to the public. 

If you want more specific information we haven't published on our website, you must lodge a formal access application to us. More information about this process is available below.

We comply with the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW)
The Act is sometimes referred to as the GIPA Act. It focuses on making government information readily available.

We publish a range of information in a readily accessible format. We also proactively release information that may be of interest to the public.

The following open access information is available free of charge.  

We update our Disclosure Log each quarter. It lists information we've released in response to formal access applications under the GIPA Act that may be of interest to the public.

You can access this information without formal application by contacting the GIPA Officer on 8849 6834 or emailing

Public Access Disclosure Log

Latest updated 1 March 2021
Sydney Water Disclosure Log

Read our Agency Information Guide to find out more about how to access information from us.

To request information, complete the following form:

Send your completed form along with the $30 application fee (cheque or money order payable to Sydney Water) to:

Government Information (Public Access) Officer
Sydney Water
PO BOX 399

Please contact the GIPA Officer by email at or on 8849 6834 if you have a question about lodging an application.

We'll notify you of a decision about your application in 20 working days, unless you agree to extend the time. We may extend the processing time if we need to consult with a third party or access records from archives.

To ensure you get the information you need, please be as specific as possible. For example, if you know the date or title of the document you want, include this information on your application form.