Developer deeds & standard terms

If you need to move, extend or protect our pipes and assets for your development, you and your providers will need to enter into a Developer Works Deed with us.

You can see all the conditions in the Standard Terms document.

You and your providers must sign the deed before you submit the design of works to us. If you haven't engaged your constructor by then, you must still submit the deed with all the other signatures so we can execute it. The constructor must sign a Deed Poll before they start construction. 

Can you transfer ownership of the development site after you've signed the deed?
Yes, you can. However, the new developer and the continuing parties must sign a Novation Deed.

Your Water Servicing Coordinator can help you get all the signatures and advise you about the process. To learn more, read the Developer Works Deed questions and answers.